Registration will OPEN on April 1. 2017. When registration is open you will be able to find the link here.
- 2 day conference, Thursday and Friday, includes 6 meals – Early Bird $250, Regular $275, Late Registration $300
- 1 day conference, either Thursday OR Friday, includes 3 meals – Early Bird $135, Regular $150, Late Registration $175
- Student Rate 2 day conference – $205 (must provide copy of CURRENT student ID)
- Student Rate 1 day conference – $110 (must provide copy of CURRENT student ID)
- Workshops/Field Trips
- Field Trip: Invasive Weed Walk – $60 per person
- Workshop: The Nature of Drawing VII – $95 per person
- Field Trip: Kayak Tour of the Susquehanna River – $30 per person, plus $30 per person for Kayak rental (if needed), plus $10 per person life vest rental (if needed)
- Workshop: The Path of Plant Propagation – $60 per person
- Dinner trip to John Wright Restaurant – $55 per person
- Field Trip: Chestnut Grove Habitat Restoration – $60 per person
- Shopping Field Trip to Maryland – $60 per person (includes lunch)
Housing – We offer housing options on campus in dorm suites/rooms.
- Double (shared room and bathroom) – $45 per person, per night
- Suite Single (single room, shared bathroom) – $55 per person per night
- Single (single room and bathroom) – $90 per person per night
- A block of rooms is being held until May 6, 2017 at MainStay Suites of Lancaster County. Rates are $99-109 plus taxes and fees. Each attendee would be responsible for securing a hotel room should they want one. The Conference is not responsible for hotel reservations. 717-285-2500. Mainstay Suites is 6-7 miles from Millersville University, approximately a 12-15 minute drive.
- We do have 4 person suites available. If you have a group of 4 people you would like to share a room with, please email the names to email@example.com and we will place you together.
Working Scholarships are available:
For the 2017 Native Plants in the Landscape Conference, Sponsored by: Bowman’s Hill Wildflower Preserve Millersville University, Millersville, Pennsylvania. Conference dates: June 7, 8, 9, 10th, 2017. Working Scholarship dates: June 6, 7, 8, 9, 10th 2017. Please submit: A cover page and essay. Please include your name, address, telephone, email address, current volunteer work, and (2) two references. The short essay should detail how this industry and this symposium will be of value to you. Submit to Stacey Nash at firstname.lastname@example.org with “NPILC Working Scholarships” in the subject line by April 1st.
Posters will be accepted on topics related to native plants, invasive plants, interactions between native plants and animals, landscaping with native plants, ecological landscape design, restoration projects, sustainable gardening, propagation of natives, conservation, and the list goes on. Submit abstracts to Carol Mapes at email@example.com by May 29th. Each submission should consist of a title, author(s) and contact information, and an abstract of a maximum of 250 words. If selected, poster presenters will receive complimentary conference registration, however housing and workshops/field trips will not be included.