Welcome to the Native Plants in the Landscape Conference @ Millersville
Registration is open! Visit https://NPILC.regfox.com/npilc-registration to register.
You can view a PDF version of our brochure here 2017 NPILC brochure
Mark your calendars for the 26th Annual Conference. June 7-10, 2017. This is the conference everyone talks about!
Conference Mission Statement
The purpose of this conference is:
- to increase the knowledge, propagation, cultivation and use of native plants in the Mid-Atlantic and New England regions
- to promote methods of land management and design that respect “sense of place” by preserving and restoring native species and natural processes
- to engender an appreciation of regionally appropriate landscapes that are harmonious for people and nature
While the subject of the conference pertains to native plant communities, the spirit of the conference is to build human communities among a broad range of participants by designing a conference affordable to all; encouraging formal and informal exchanges of information, and providing opportunities for social interaction.
Open to the Public. Friday evening, June 9, and Saturday morning, June 10. Marauder Court, lower level of the Student Memorial Center.
- Pre-conference tours and workshops Wednesday, June 7
- Two full days of conference, books and plant sales; Thursday, June 8, and Friday, June 9
- Half day additional tours/workshops and plant sale Saturday, June 10th
We hope you will join us and welcome our partners from Bowman’s Hill Wildflower Preserve. And while you’re at it – THANK them for saving our beloved Native Plants in the Landscape Conference. For without them, it would be no more.
- We prefer that everyone register online. Conference registration payments may be made by credit card.
- If you choose not to register online, registrations by check or credit card may be mailed to Native Plants in the Landscape Conference, P.O. Box 685, New Hope PA 18938. If you choose to pay by check, makes checks payable to “BOWMAN’S HILL WILDFLOWER PRESERVE”. Registrations will be confirmed by e-mail or mail if no e-mail address is provided. If the conference is full, all payments will be refunded in total.
- Requests for cancellations must be made online or in writing by close of business on May 24, 2017; a $25 processing fee will be retained.
- Cancellations received after May 24, 2017 will not be refunded.
- The conference is designed for adults. Casual attire is encouraged for both participants and speakers.
- Millersville on-campus housing is air-conditioned. Persons who prefer hotel accomodations should make their own lodging reservations. A block of rooms is being held until May 6, 2017 at MainStay Suites of Lancaster County. Rates are $99-109 plus taxes and fees. The conference is not responsible for securing hotel accomodations. MainStay Suites 717-285-2500. Mainstay Suites is 6-7 miles from Millersville University, approximately a 12-15 minute drive.
- Registration and most sessions are held in the Student Memorial Center (SMC) on the Millersville Campus. You will receive a marked map with your registration confirmation.
- Directions to Millersville University’s campus may be found at www.millersville.edu/directions/. For general conference info, please email email@example.com.
CEU’s have been submitted for approval to the following agencies:
- LACES – APPROVED. Please see individual sessions for the number of credits.
- PA Pesticide Credits – APPROVED
- Invasive Weed Walk – category PC private category (4 credits), category 07 lawn and turf (4 credits), category 10 right of way and weeds (4 credits), category 18 demonstration and research (4 credits),category 23 park/school pest control (4 credits)
- The Return of the American Chestnut – category PC private category (2 credits), category 05 forest pest control (2 credits), category 18 demonstration research (2 credits), category 23 park/school pest control (2 credits)
- PCH (PLNA)
- APLD – APPROVED. Please see individual sessions for the number of credits.